Purpose of Policy
Information We Collect and Why
When you visit our Site you provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and Site use information collected by us as you interact with our Site.
Personal Information Collected. We collect personal information for our online activities. These activities include registering to view our Site and service offerings, posting User Content, subscribing to our service offerings and otherwise participating in certain online activities as set forth below:
• Subscribing to Use Our Site You may elect to subscribe to any or all of our service offerings by becoming a member. Becoming a member requires you to register and set up your personal profile where we collect your first name, email address, and birth date so you can use our Site, such as accessing our community, our blog, member forums, searching for SheTaxi friends, sending messages, registering for events, purchasing products and services, and transmitting information through our Site activities. You will be able to add and update information on your profile page as you use our Site. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. We may also collect information about people within your household which includes people under the age of 18. This information must be provided by someone that is 18 or older and is a member. Profile information is used by SheTaxi primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to other subscribers for certain activities.
• Our Blog Any subscriber of our Site can post a comment on our blog or submit User Content (as defined in our Terms of Service available on our Site). A comment or User Content may contain additional personal information submitted by you voluntarily. We reserve the right to not post or otherwise make publicly available any comment or User Content for any reason. You post User Content on the Site at your own risk.
• Newsletter, Service Announcements et al. We may use your email address to send you free newsletters, service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. You may opt out of newsletters and announcements. However, if an activity is cancelled or modified you may receive an email alerting you to that fact.
• Chat Rooms. Chat rooms may be unmonitored. If you use a chat function or other unmonitored public forum on this Site, and disclose personal information, you should be aware that such information could be read, collected or used by other users. Your use of any chat rooms on the Site is at your own risk.
• Polls, Surveys and Feedback. We may collect and aggregate information in connection with polls, surveys or other online activities that allow you to give us feedback, which may include personal information.
• Safety and Security. We also collect your name and email address where necessary for user’s safety, protecting the security and integrity of our Site, taking precautions against liability, responding to the
judicial process, preventing the commission of crime or harm to a person, or for law enforcement on a matter related to public safety or personal safety.
• Member Community Board. Per your authorization we may provide certain information to be accessible to the Member community by way of the Member Community Board where other Members may contact you based on requests or needs you disclose on the Community Board.
Site Management/Non-Personally Identifiable Information Additionally, we may passively collect certain non personally identifiable computer information to make our Site more interesting and useful and for various purposes related to our business.
• Browsing Information. Browser type, IP address, web page data (such as web page visited, time and date information), referring website, links clicked
• Cookies. SheTaxi or third-parties with links on the Site may collect non-personal information through the use of software technologies such as unique identifiers or “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on your computer and is tied to information about your computer use and is used to customize your experience with a site. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature; however, your ability to access certain portions of the Site may be affected.
You post User Content (as defined in our Terms of Service available on our Site) on the Site at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU THROUGH THE BLOG, CHAT FUNCTION OR OTHER PUBLIC FORUM. See our Terms of Service for additional information on our Public Forums.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you (by registering for an activity, for example). We do not control or monitor our service providers and their data retention and privacy standards may be different than our own.
SheTaxi may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people who use our Site like a particular activity and personalizing features or promotions so that we can provide them to you on SheTaxi.
At times, we may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to hosting and payment processing services. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services in connection with these business engagements.
We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the SheTaxi service or using the SheTaxi name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm.
We may offer products or services jointly with other companies on SheTaxi. We may share customer information with that company in connection with your use of that store or service.
If the ownership of all or part of the SheTaxi business were to change, your user information may be transferred to the new owner so the service can continue operations.
Changing or Removing Your Personal Information
Access and control over most personal information on SheTaxi is readily available through the member profile editing tools. SheTaxi users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated as soon as practicable. Individuals who wish to deactivate their SheTaxi account may do so on the Site. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of SheTaxi. Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individuals on SheTaxi, however, (e.g., commenting on an activity) you generally cannot remove such communications.
SheTaxi takes precautions to protect our users’ information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. Sensitive information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). As emails are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email. If you have any questions about the security of SheTaxi Site, please contact us through the “Contact” page on the Site.
Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on SheTaxi will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on SheTaxi. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
We may ask sponsors or advertisers outside of SheTaxi to display ads promoting our services. We may ask them to deliver those ads based on the presence of a cookie, but in doing so will not share any other information with the advertiser. We may also provide services jointly with other companies. Sometimes the sponsors or advertisers who present advertisements on SheTaxi use technological methods to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. You may also use your browser cookie settings to limit or prevent the placement of cookies by advertising networks. SheTaxi does not share personally identifiable information with advertisers unless we get your permission.
Effective Date November 2020.